We offer classes and on-site training for construction professionals, builders, managers, marketing teams, designers and estimators in the EnerGuide rating system.
Moisture Control Technician Certificate
During this course, you will learn to:
- Understand how climate affects the different types of moisture entry into buildings and how it has changed in the history of construction
- Control the movement of different moisture types in and out of the building envelope
- Explain moisture accumulation and removal techniques
- Exhibit construction practices to control moisture
- Discover how land topography can affect water drainage
This course is targeted at:
- Drafts persons
- Site supervisors
- Construction managers
- Warranty representatives and technicians
- Support staff
- Customer service representatives and management
This certificate consists of a 6-month study at your own pace course, plus a mandatory 2-day practicum.
For detailed course information or to register, visit www.sait.ca (Distance Education Calendar / CNST-001 & CNST-005).
You can reach SAIT through their general inquiries contact numbers. Phone number 403.284.7248 or 1.877.284.7248 and email email@example.com.
We work with builders, renovators, designers, tradespeople, and warranty representatives on customized training solutions that focus on wood frame singe and multi-family dwellings. Contact us at 403.457.7828 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your training needs.
Building Performance Training
This customized full-day training is targeted at builders and tradespeople Full day
- Water leaks—air transported as in rain and snow through exterior cladding and weather barriers
- Window installation techniques that work
- Condensation issues – air barrier and vapor retarder differences on interiors
- Mechanical ventilation – how principal exhaust, newer furnaces, and HRVs can affect pressurization resulting in air movement into wall and attic cavities
- Garage problems and solutions
- Bonus room and rim joist issues and solutions
- Mould and moisture
- Non-destructive testing
9.36 Code Compliance Training
Section 9.36 of the National Building Code requires stricter construction practices of new homes to ensure higher energy efficiency levels are met. The energy efficiency provisions deal with the construction of the building envelope, the sizing and selecting of HVAC and water heating equipment and energy performance simulation for housing. The code applies to all residential new construction and major renovations and additions. This course will provide an overview of the three compliance paths to achieve the energy efficiency requirements. Knowledge of HOT2000 energy modelling software is required to attend this class.